I have something to say. (Well duh, of course I do. Everybody does.) First of all, being nominated for blogging stuff is AMAZING. But before I started my own blog, I never wanted to read other people’s awards posts. I thought they were boring because I am a human being who is learning to not be so self-centered. Now, I think they’re a great way to meet cool people.
The point is I understand. I understand if you don’t want to read about me writing about me. If you do read this post, do you seriously not have better things to do?? Translation: thank you so much. One day I’ll figure out how to say it better.
To the people who nominated me for the following awards: YOU GUYS ROCK.
coffee loving bookoholic: WHOA. I get the title of Alex’s bio section now! It’s a reference to a movie I watched TODAY. (As I’m writing this.) That’s kind of crazy.
Life As Alexis Glow: Alexis has been learning Chinese for FOUR YEARS. Props. Serious props.
Diary of a Bookfiend: Noriko is both amazing at writing book reviews AND making me want to visit Japan.
As for nominations, I’m only nominating one person per award.
Because the rules were made in mind for people who know of a million blogs.
And people, only do it if you want to. I hope you guys like the questions. If they’re a bit weird, it’s probably because I made it up instead of stealing it off the internet. I also used your about pages for inspiration on some of them. Which by the way, was very helpful. LIFEHACK.
Unique Blogger (Alex)
SKIP. Unless you’re Starling.
– share the link of the blogger that tagged you
– answer their questions
– nominate 8-13 bloggers
– ask them 3 questions
My questions for you.
1. What’s your favorite emoji?
2. Do you get to sleep in as a kid who is homeschooled?
3. Favorite pizza toppings?
STOP SKIPING NOW. Or keep skipping, that’s fine too.
If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, which one would it be?
This question is distressing. But it’s not hard to choose. The Bible ALL THE WAY.
What’s your favorite reading spot and why?
In a pineapple under the sea. Because it’s a PINEAPPLE! Under the sea!
What’s your most bookish habit?
Bringing a book basically everywhere I go. Without one, I feel a bit vulnerable. They’re my safety blanket.
SKIP. Unless you’re a specific teenage girl.
– anybody nominated can nominate eight other bloggers
– the nominee answers three questions posed by the nominator
– the questions you ask while nominating can be any three questions
– if any of the questions asked are offensive or the nominee simply does not want to answer, the nominee does not have to answer them to earn the award
“This award is for bloggers who strive to write for everybody, and no matter how many viewers they get, make an impact on a reader. This award is an expression of gratitude to the nominee. It should be awarded to anybody that you choose deserve it, and it doesn’t mean that they must have hundreds of followers and likes.”
My questions for you.
1. Have you read or watched anything amazing recently?
2. What’s a quote that makes you laugh?
3. Do you own a vintage typewriter? Because the one on your blog is BEAUTIFUL.
STOP SKIPPING NOW.
What would you like bloggers to do more of that they aren’t doing now?
I would like someone to come out with a book list full of awesome sports narrative non-fiction titles. PLEASE.
Three truths and a lie. Guess which one I made up!
1. The other day, I realized I have lost the ability to float for more than a few seconds (my legs SINK), and I slightly freaked out.
2. There’s a HUGE bag of school supplies sitting on my desk right now. Back to school shopping pumps me up for school. But then I actually go back to school.
3. At one point, George Washington came up with a plan for troops to carry out an attack at night on ice skates.
4. I love the smell of coffee.
Describe a perfect day that balances all the things you love.
Perfect days are an art, not a science.
(I apologize for not answering the question properly.)
Real Neat Blog Award (Alexis)
SKIP. Unless you’re Melissa.
1. What are you favorite video games?
2. Best book you’ve read recently?
3. Ask someone who knows you well to describe you in a few words.
4. Do you have any advice for choosing questions that make an interview fun and not awkward?
5. When did you fall in love with coffee?
6. Do you prefer soft peaches or hard peaches?
7. What are three things that make you smile consistently?
If you could only listen to one song for ever, what would it be?
Again, this question is distressing. Spotifty, please help me. Okay, so I’m going to shuffle play my songs, and THE SONG IS (drumroll) wait. There’s an ad. (Go Taco Bueno!) EXCLAMATIONS! It’s a School House Rock parody by Brobdingnagian Bards.
Where do you see yourself in ten year’s time?
In ten years I will be twenty-four. (WHAAAAAT.) I will be out of college. As for where I’ll be? I’m going to go crazy and say Europe. Future me, prove your younger self right.
If you could live on any planet in the solar system, what would it be?
Oooooh, I like this question! Well, Neptune equals Poseidon. And Poseidon is Percy Jackson’s father. So Neptune.
What’s your favourite ice-cream flavour?
As in SINGULAR?? Oh my. Wait, I’m being way too overdramatic. This is actually pretty easy.
If you could speak another language, what would it be?
Russin! Because that’s the one that sounds angry, right? Oops no, Google says German. Then, if I was mad, I could start talking about how awesome french fries are in German, and give everyone a little scare because I would sound extra angry.
But I’m not picky. I would love to learn any language.
What’s your favourite subject at school?
History. Because it’s one big story. His story.
What is your earliest childhood memory?
I remember sleeping in the back of the car. In a carseat, I think. It’s dark outside. My mom wakes me up and brings me up a couple of stairs into an apartment. There’s a small group meeting going on. I eat watermelon triangles. Somebody comments on how cleanly I ate them because when I was little, I liked the white parts of the watermelon more than the red parts. What was I thinking, I don’t know.
I really hope I didn’t make that whole scene up.
The Sunshine Award (Noriko)
SKIP. Unless you’re June.
– thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
– answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
– nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
– list the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
My questions for you.
1. What’s your favorite ice-cream flavor?
2. Biggest accomplishment of 2017 so far?
3. What are three things that are pretty consistent in making you smile?
4. A few of the best books you’ve read in your life?
5. What’s an awesome family memory you have?
6. Which Disney princess would you most want to be and why?
7. What’s something you wish that people knew about you without telling them?
8. What’s your favorite movie?
9. An item on your bucket list?
10. Ask someone who knows you well to describe you in a couple of words.
11. What would you do with an invisibilty cloak?
What are your plans for this summer?
In the month of summer I have left, my goal is stay caught up with all the Masterchef episodes.
If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I wish I was better at telling stories.
What is your favorite book genre?
Who is your recent fictional crush?
Uhhh, I don’t really get crushes on fictional charac- WAIT WAIT WAIT. It’s Baymax, duh.
If you could eat only one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
WHAT IS WITH THESE KINDS OF QUESTIONS????
I have no clue.
Coffee or tea drinker?
ALMOND MILK FOR THE WIN!!!!
Night owl or morning person?
Morning person, definitely. Staying up late makes me a bit anxious. Which is a me problem. I have nothing against you, nighttime.
What is your superpower?
My superpower is being able to hold a large amount of books and still be able to open doors.
What’s the weirdest or most unusual thing you’ve ever eaten?
Fried cow blood.
What do you most love about YOU?
I love how I can say the word “okay” in a variety of tones and lengths so that it has different meanings.
What are your passions in life?
I’m really enthusiastic about staying hydrated, books, and podcasts. And I guess this whole blogging thing is pretty cool. (That’s an understatement.)
WAIT A SECOND. Youtube moved the location of its subscribe button?? I wonder how they agree on changes like these. Maybe some employee just got bored and decided to shake things up. I’m super excited to watch episode 8 of Masterchef! Episode 7 had SO MUCH DRAMA. Hopefully everybody chills out. What (or who) do you watch on Youtube?
You do watch Youtube, right?? Oh yea, there’s also Netflix. And Hulu. And Amazon Prime. AAH TOO MANY.