Thank you so much for the nomination, Kathryn! Your timing is impeccable. I literally had no idea what I was going to post today. (Actually, that’s me every week.) Anyways. Moving on.
Kathryn’s blog is called BloomingwiththeWildflowers, and the only things you need to know about her is that she loves To Kill a Mockingbird and that she and her family TRAVEL THE WORLD. If that doesn’t convince you to CLICK ON THAT LINK, I don’t know what will.
Let’s begin with a list inside a list
1. What’s your favorite kind of tea?
Oof. Drinking tea is one of those things I wish I do, but unfortunately don’t. Hey, that could be an actual list. 1. Being an early bird. 2. Reading and really enjoying poetry. 3. Acting.
Another question I have no answer for
2. What’s your favorite theme song?
I sincerely apologize. All I watch are Youtube videos.
Traveling is the best
3. If given a free ticket, which country would you choose to visit and why?
China. Then I could use it as a “down payment” that my whole family (AKA me, my parents, AND my sister and brother-in-law) will go back to visit next Christmas break.
Oh great, this is going to get deep
4. What is the one thing you wish people knew about you?
Hey, I like using this question as an award question too!
Well, this is really weird because the people I know in real life are going to read this. Okay. I can do this.
I wish my friends knew that I have a hard time not being super enthusiastic around them, and if I started being quiet at times, it wouldn’t be because I’m sad. Well, it might be, but it probably wouldn’t. I wish my friends knew that sometimes I over think things way too much and that I worry I’m being annoying or unkind to them.
I wish my parents knew that I think they’re doing a good job. I also wish they knew that I hate admitting that I’m wrong, but I’m working on it.
Hopefully I’ll have a better answer in a few years
5. What is your greatest achievement?
Every year, the art classes at my school have a gingerbread house competition even though nobody ever makes a gingerbread house. This is my class’s.
YES, I have an answer for this one!
6. What is your most prized possession?
My tiny tube of strawberry DNA that I extracted in biology class.
AKA goals for 2018
7. What are three of your main goals?
1. Read the entire Bible.
2. Apply for the podcast What Should I Read Next?
3. Watch all the DC superhero movies.
FINALLY, an easy question
8. How did you pick your blog’s name?
I was asked this question in a different award post (hey, Noriko!), so I obviously just copy and pasted it over here.
No, I did not misspell “zoologist.”
The name was inspired by the AWESOME speaker at my summer camp (seriously, best speaker ever), and it has to do with my faith. In Greek, “zoe” means “of the absolute fullness of life, life real and genuine, devoted to God. Therefore, “Zoelogist” means “a student of the eternal life God gives.” So yea, that’s what it means.
And now we’re back to hard ones
9. What’s your favorite post that you’ve written?
THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE. It’s like picking your favorite child. I would much rather pick my favorite book. Okay, the random number generator says 11. That’s New York, New York, which is actually my second most viewed post.
AHH I CAN SEE THE FINISH LINE
10. If you won the lottery what’s the first thing you’d buy?
Movie tickets to Wonder. I still haven’t seen it.
Me fangirling over Abraham Lincoln
11. Who is your role model?
This could be it’s own post, just me rambling on about Abraham Lincoln and typing out a billion quotes about him. After reading Team of Rivals (AKA this huge, brilliant book on Lincoln) last year, he is now officially my favorite US president. He is AMAZING. When I grow up, I want to be Abraham Lincoln. Here are my reasons.
1.He was a reader, a storyteller, and a politician.
2. He was ambitious, kind, and honorable.
3. He had a great mind and an even better sense of humor.
4. He was the author the Gettysburg Address, which is absolutely gorgeous.
Finally, some awesome quotes:
“Lincoln had to rife through disorderly stacks of paper, rummaging, as a last resort, in the lining of his old plug hat, where he often put stray letters or notes.”
“Everywhere he went, Lincoln carried a book with him. He thumbed through page after page while his horse rested at the end of a long row of planting. Whenever he could escape work, he would lie with his head against a tree and read.”
A very self-centered list
12. Eleven facts about yourself?
A recap of my answers to the previous eleven questions:
1. I don’t drink tea, but I wish I did.
2. I don’t have a favorite theme song because I only watch Youtube videos.
3. I want to go to China with my whole family over Christmas break next year.
4. I wish people knew stuff about me without me telling them.
5. I’m very proud of my class’s gingerbread creation this year.
6. I think strawberry DNA in a tube is amazing.
7. I already have my goals for next year.
8. I did not misspell “zoologist” when coming up with a blog name.
9. I love all my blog posts equally.
10. I really want to watch Wonder.
11. I LOVE ABRAHAM LINCOLN.
I choose YOU, The Story Sponge, to answer these questions. Unless you’re tight on time and also slow at answering questions. Then just pass.
Here are the rules that I failed to follow:
1. Acknowledge the blog that gave it to you and display the award
2. Answer the 11 questions that the blogger gives you
3. Give 11 random facts about yourself
4. Nominate 11 blogs
5. Notify those blogs of their nomination
6. Give them 11 questions to answer
The highly anticipated questions (and yes, I stole questions one and nine from Kathryn):
1. Who’s your role model?
2. Dream occupation? (If you don’t know, just say something cool, like dinosaur tracker.)
3. What are three things that are pretty consistent in making you smile?
4. Best book you’ve read recently?
5. First date ideas?
6. Which Disney princess would you most want to be and why?
7. What’s something you wish that people knew about you without telling them?
8. What’s your favorite movie?
9. Favorite post that you’ve written?
10. Ask someone who knows you pretty well to describe you in a couple of words.
11. What would you do with an invisibility cloak?
I’ve run out of words to write a P.S. Bye.