It always takes me a while to figure out how to begin a blog post, but I’m struggling more than usual with this one. So I’m just going to write a list.
1) Last year on June 20, I unleashed my first post on Zoelogist.
2) June 20, according to this website, is also National Ice Cream Soda Day, National Vanilla Milkshake Day, New Identity Day, World Productivity Day, Toad Hollow Day of Thank You (what in the world??), Plain Yogurt Day, American Eagle Day, and World Refugee Day.
3) Wouldn’t it be interesting if a person made a Youtube channel where they celebrated all the holidays of every day for a whole year?
4) If you’re curious where these holidays come from, Planet Money did a podcast episode on it.
5) Anyways, in thirteen days, this blog will have been around for a year.
7) To mark the occasion, I made a survey.
8) You can take it here.
9) According to SurveyMonkey’s algorithms, it should only take two minutes.
10) But, Hofstadter’s Law says that it always takes longer than you think it will, so I suggest you block out a complete twenty-fours straight of your life to do nothing except answer these six questions.
11) Wow, this is probably not the best way to convince someone to take a survey.
12) Anyways, that’s all I got.
13) Wait! Just kidding.
14) I have a P.S. for you.
15) As always.
If you write blog posts, what part of it do you find the hardest?
What’s a holiday you would want to create?
I would want to create a Children’s Day like they have in China. After searching on Google: Just kidding, there’s one in America too. Oh, it’s on June 10, that’s coming right up.
Hm… what about a podcast day? ASOG: Nope, that’s already a thing too- September 30.
National blog day? ASOG: There’s a national blogging month– November.
National watermelon day? ASOG: August 3.
WHAT. Okay, I have to find one that’s not a thing.
National red brick houses day?
ASOG: YES, this one doesn’t exist!